Car, Truck & Motorcycle Accidents
Speak With a Personal Injury Attorney in Cedar Rapids, IA
Let an Iowa auto accident attorney help you recover your losses and find security
An Iowa auto accident can change the rest of your life in instant. Unfortunately, regaining your health, emotional wellbeing, financial security, and career is a much longer process that can take weeks, months, or even years after your crash. While completely rebuilding your life can be difficult or even impossible in the wake of a serious injury or wrongful death, an Iowa auto accident lawyer may be able to help you recover monetary compensation from the person who caused the crash and find justice and peace for your family.
Did you know driving in your car or truck is probably the most dangerous thing you do each day?
According to the Iowa Department of Transportation, there were 412 traffic accident deaths in Iowa in 2008 and over 26,000 serious injuries. All in all, there were 61,195 motor vehicle crashes last year - about seven car accidents per hour. With vehicles weighing multiple tons and traveling at significant speeds, it isn't rare for many of these wrecks to result in traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, back injuries, internal organ damage, paralysis, multiple fractures, and even death.
At Brady Preston Gronlund, our Iowa auto accident attorneys assist clients from eastern Iowa who have been seriously injured in:
- Car accidents & pickup truck accidents
- Commercial truck crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Wrongful death traffic accidents
- Vehicle accidents involving defective parts
Although some accidents can't be prevented, others are caused by the carelessness of negligence of another person or entity. When this is the case, that person is responsible for the aspects of your life that have been affected, including but not limited to hospital bills, future medical costs, lost wages, loss of quality of life, loss of consortium, and pain and suffering. In addition to recovering compensation for these losses, it is also vital to make the at-fault party accountable for their mistake and prevent future accidents.
Here are just a few serious traffic accidents that have recently taken place on Iowa roads:
- In Dubuque, a high school pedestrian was struck and killed by a car while crossing the street. Now her parents have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the school district.
- A priest was killed on I-80 near Milford after he lost control of his car and left the interstate. The Iowa car crash is still under investigation.
- A Clinton man suffered critical injuries after a car struck his vehicle head-on near the US 30 bridge. The man who was at fault for the accident has been charged with speeding reckless driving, driving under the influence, failing to obey a stop sign, and improper lane usage.
- An Iowa County motorcycle rider was seriously injured when a car crossed over the double-yellow line and struck his bike head-on. The motorbike crash is under investigation.
- A Cedar Falls woman was killed in a collision with a tractor-trailer on Highway 14 when the woman pulled onto the highway from a rural road. The Grundy County Sheriff's Office is investigating the Iowa truck accident.
We consider challenging, unusual, and complex traffic accident lawsuits
Those who have untraditional or unusual traffic accident cases may be hesitant to share their story with a car accident lawyer in Iowa or seek legal help. However, we believe that these cases - which perhaps don't fit into a common mold or formula - may be the most important cases of all to find justice for.
At Brady Preston Gronlund, we do not take traffic accident cases based on whether or not they are easy to win or whether or not we have tried similar cases in the past - we take cases that we find meaningful and challenging and cases that we believe in. Even if your case has been turned down by another car accident attorney in Iowa, don't lose hope. Contact us today and share your story with us. Our Iowa auto accident attorneys are on your side.
Contact Brady Preston Gronlund to discuss your injury with an Iowa auto accident attorney
You might be getting advice on what to do after your car accident from friends and family, but the best and most accurate advice will come from an Iowa auto accident lawyer who is familiar with the state laws and the court system. We want to answer your questions and help you reestablish life as you knew it before your car or truck accident. Call Brady Preston Gronlund today at 319.866.9277 for a free, no-obligation consultation or fill out the quick electronic contact form located on this page.
Brady Preston Gronlund PC, Attorneys at Law, is located in Cedar Rapids and serves the following cities and counties across Eastern Iowa:
Cities: Cedar Rapids, Cedar Falls, Iowa City, Des Moines, Dubuque, Davenport, Waterloo, Ames, Hiawatha, Vinton, Center Point, Cascade, Monticello, Anamosa, Manson, Clinton, Burlington, Newton, Grinnell, Brooklyn, Williamsburg, North Liberty, and Coralville.
Counties: Linn County, Benton County, Buchanan County, Cedar County, Delaware County, Iowa County, Johnson County, Jones County, Black Hawk County, Tama County, Delaware County, Dubuque County, Jackson County, Clinton County, Muscatine County, Louisa County, Washington County, Clayton County, Fayette County, Bremer County, Scott County, Keokuk County, Poweshiek County, and Henry County.