What should I do if I think I was a victim of mail fraud?

If you believe that you were a victim of mail fraud in Iowa, you should report it to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) via the mail, phone, going into your nearest Postal Inspection Service office, or by filling out a mail fraud complaint form online. The U.S. Postal Inspectors will investigate your matter to determine if there have been other complaints of a similar nature. If there is evidence of mail fraud, the Postal Inspectors may look to prosecute the person responsible; however, they cannot guarantee that you will be refunded the money you lost in the fraudulent scheme. You can also contact your local police department, the Federal Trade Commission, and your attorney general to file complaints. However, if you are looking to receive the money that you were conned out of, you will need to talk with a financial fraud attorney. In order to seek damages, speak with an experienced Cedar Rapids financial fraud lawyer to find out how to pursue a legal case against the responsible parties. Call today to schedule your free consultation at (319) 866-9277.