What are my options after I've been a victim of financial fraud?

After you find out you were deceived, you are most likely working through some difficult emotions. You probably feel violated, defeated, and scared about how to function financially after just being ripped off.

We are sorry to hear that you were victimized. Although you most likely want to find these criminals and punish them, you should let the proper authorities handle them. Certain things you can do include:

  • Contact your local police who can file a complaint with Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, a division of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
  • Contact the Federal Trade Commission to file a complaint.
  • Contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to file a complaint.
  • Contact the attorney general and other government agencies to file a complaint.
  • Contact an attorney who specializes in consumer and financial fraud in Iowa.

It will help you to talk through these feelings and find out if you have any rights. By speaking with a skilled Cedar Rapids financial fraud lawyer, you will be able to determine your options and how to pursue a legal case. Call today to schedule your free consultation at (319) 866-9277.